Frequently Asked Questions


 When is city hall open?

Monday through Thursday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM, except for federal holidays and weather emergencies.

 When do you declare a snow emergency?

A snow emergency is declared after a snowfall of more than two inches. Plowing starts on the snow emergency routes first and then side streets.

 Does the City pickup limbs and brush?

Yes!!  Every first and third Monday during the months of April through October the city will pick up branches, limbs (Maximum 10’ in length), and shrubbery trimmings at the curb at no charge to you.

If you are taking down a tree on your property, please contact City Hall to arrange for disposal. DNR regulations won’t allow leaves, garden waste, weeds, or grass clippings to be disposed of at the landfill.  These items can be dropped off at the compost area located beside the maintenance shed at 412 Jennings.  This site is available for drop off every day.

 Is open burning allowed?

Open burning of leaves on your property can take place anytime during the months of April, May, October and November.

Barrel burning and recreational fires are allowed by permit holders only.  Permit holders may barrel burn on Wednesdays from 6 AM to 9 PM.  A permit may be obtained at City Hall.

 Is there a refundable can redemtion site?

You may leave refundable beverage cans and bottles at the city maintenance shed in the trailer parked by the Comet Trail marked for this purpose. Proceeds from the sale of the cans/bottles will benefit community events.

 Where do I recycle in Conrad?

As a service to our residents, the City of Conrad provides a voluntary recycling drop center. You may take recyclables such as clear glass, number one (1) through seven (7) plastics, tin cans (with labels peeled),  newsprint, slicks and magazines to the center. The center is located next to the maintenance shed at 412 Jennings and is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.